Job Title: Videographer & Editor/Photographer/Graphic Designer
We are seeking a Videographer & Editor/Photographer/Graphic Designer to work with the Director of Communications and Social Media Manager to plan, create and deliver high-quality multimedia storytelling using videography, photography and graphic design. The person we are looking for must demonstrate a strong command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in visual storytelling to accurately inform and effectively engage audiences through social media, web, print and other digital platforms. In this role, the person will develop production strategy, creative direction and brand messaging and manage quality control for all visual deliverables used by the Office of Supervisor Nathan Fletcher in support of its policy, community outreach and communications initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Videography / Photography
- Strong knowledge of technical aspects of quality videography/photography.
- Ensure all videos and photographs are highly produced and edited to fit the office branding, and that standard production values are fully met across every aspect of the video production process and delivery of the final product.
- Leads pre-production, shooting, production design, lighting etc.
- General administrative task management, including calendar and critical path timelines of pre and post productions are accurate and on-course.
- Shoot high-volume creative content with urgent deadlines.
- Experience with both indoor and outdoor photography.
- Ensure the overall quality of deliverables, ensuring accurate and timely completion.
- Sets up and transports all equipment.
- Capture subjects in commercial-quality photographs and video.
- Ability to make fast edits in the field.
- Graphic design and motion graphics experience.
- Create digital ads for landing pages and social media marketing.
- Create graphics for social media ads.
- Develop newsletters, brochures, flyers, and other materials needed to engage the community.
- Develop graphics for social media headers, website, electronic newsletters
Required Skills, Knowledge and/or Training
- Professional working knowledge of: camera operation, image composition, lighting, editing, color grading, titling, music editing, format conversion and digital video post production flow.
- Experience working with and directing on-camera talent
- Experience with various production styles and technique experience preferred; animation, stop-motion, special EFX.
- Expert knowledge using a Mac computer and P.C.
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, and Adobe Lightroom, After Effect, Audio editing.
- Expert knowledge of video editing programs: Adobe Premiere, After Effect and/or Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, Canva.
- Ability to provide both raw and edited/retouched photos for each photo shoot.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the office.
- Ability to develop strategy and systems for achieving goals.
- Work schedule flexibility (early mornings, nights, weekends).
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor. Dedicated. Creative.
- Inquisitive, interested in knowing your craft better than anyone.
- Proven ability to work independently and successfully organize, multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Team-oriented approach with the ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Has the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism. Quickly adjusts to changing priorities.
- Encourages, supports and motivates others, building mutual trust, respect and cooperation among department co-workers and toward all staff members.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive & flexible manner with diverse external and internal audiences, including elected officials, community members, office staff.
- 2+ years experience in a video production environment.
- 2+ years experience using Adobe Suite software.
- Must have a valid driver's license and provide your own transportation.
- Interested in, or have previous experience in government, politics, journalism.
- Has experience working at a public relations agency, public affairs firm, or advertising firm.
- Speaks, writes and/or can translate in Spanish or another language.
Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account; Defined Benefit Pension Plan; Transit Pass Voucher; Vacation and Sick Leave.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter, resume, three samples of your graphic design work, and two videos to [email protected] with the words “Creative Talent” in the subject of the email.