Job Title: Social Media Manager
We're seeking a Social Media Manager to work with the Director of Communications and Videographer & Editor/Photographer/Graphic Designerto plan, create and deliver a robust and engaging digital media program. Do you have skills to help us connect to target audiences, build trust, create organic online dialogue and expand our reach using digital channels, including website, social media platforms, blogs, email campaigns, and new innovations in digital. The person will develop strategy and voice of our online communities, create campaigns, write the copy, and analyze the results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee digital marketing and content strategy, including web management, SEO, email, blog, e-newsletters, video, display, paid search, etc.
- Develop and manage digital campaigns, from concept to launch to evaluation.
- Manage and understand all aspects of a successful campaign, including email, social media, paid ads, landing pages, content creation, SEO, copywriting, etc.
- Monitor emerging industry trends to stay up-to-date on evolving digital marketing opportunities to keep our office at the forefront of digital marketing.
Digital Media (social media, website, electronic newsletter, etc.)
- Expertise in the following social media platforms: Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Linkedin. Working knowledge of: Nextdoor, Snapchat, Tik Tok, Pinterest and have an unbridled enthusiasm and interest in keeping on top of the latest trends.
- Working knowledge of social media best practices.
- Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly.
- Promote and distribute news content on social media.
- Package content that grows video views, pageviews per visitor and time on site.
- Evaluate website traffic trends in effort to make decisions on both daily content and longer-term content development that will grow traffic.
- Coordinate campaigns with our social media ambassadors and influencers.
- Connect with YouTube influencers to establish and maintain partnerships.
- Conduct Live sessions on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Copywriting / Content Development
- Master of spelling, punctuation, grammar and AP style.
- Storytelling skills on social media platforms.
- Capable of researching, interviewing and writing original news articles.
- Write catchy, clickable headlines that are journalistically solid and increase pageviews.
- Brainstorm video content based on industry trends and internal campaigns.
- Knowledge of social media lingo and how to engage in a conversational yet professional manner across various social media networks.
- Experience with social media analytics tools like Sprout Social and Google Analytics.
- Gather and analyze social performance on a weekly basis.
- Ability to spot trends, advise on how to adjust messages and content.
Required Skills, Knowledge and/or Training
- Demonstrated experience and success with managing online marketing campaigns using website, email, blog and mobile platforms.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing websites, mobile campaigns and paid ads.
- Strong understanding of web analytics, digital content marketing strategies, SEO, SEM strategies, and ability to generate, analyze and interpret metrics.
- Ability to manage e-newsletter production and update website(s).
- Proficiency with front-end web development (HTML and CSS), WordPress, Google Analytics, Adobe Photoshop, MailChimp, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database management.
- Comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry and thrives under pressure.
- Work schedule flexibility (early mornings, nights, weekends).
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment; and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor. Dedicated. Creative.
- Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker.
- Inquisitive, interested in knowing your craft better than anyone.
- Proven ability to work independently and successfully organize, multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Team-oriented approach with ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications. to verbalize issues clearly, concisely and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Has the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism. Quickly adjusts to changing priorities.
- Encourages, supports and motivates others, building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among department co-workers and toward all staff members.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive & flexible manner with diverse external and internal audiences, including elected officials, community members, office staff
- Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, marketing, digital media, liberal arts or relevant field; can be offset by strong experience in a similar role.
- 2+ years of experience planning, executing, managing, optimizing and evaluating digital marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Must have a valid driver's license and provide your own transportation.
- Interested in, or have previous experience in government, politics, journalism.
- Speaks, writes and/or can translate in Spanish or another language.
- Has experience working at a public relations agency, public affairs firm, or advertising firm.
- Knowledge of video editing programs: Adobe Premiere, After Effect and/or Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, Canva.
Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account; Defined Benefit Pension Plan; Transit Pass Voucher; Vacation and Sick Leave.