Under direction, this professional bargaining unit position is responsible for public outreach, awareness, and education in both, English and Spanish, to promote knowledge of the District’s vector control programs to a variety of community stakeholders. Excellent communication skills and sound judgment are required.
- Assists in developing, and presents outreach material for the District regarding vectors and vector control that promote awareness of public health issues, the District, and its services to government agencies, communities, school districts, utility districts, etc.
- Develops and introduces age- and grade-appropriate didactic materials and presentations about vectors and vector control for different school grades.
- Routinely coordinates participation in community relations projects, activities, and events, and frequently attends these events on evenings and weekends.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers from the community.
- Works to identify HOAs, property management companies, and community businesses to increase awareness and compliance to vector control best management practices.
- In collaboration with other IVM program staff, works with local government agencies to develop and implement best management plans for agency owned properties and increase community awareness through agency media outlets.
- Maintains a database of public relations and community education contacts.
- Routinely surveys and conducts research and program efficacy evaluations, compiles data, reports findings and recommends outreach strategies.
- Monitors event and promotion expenditures, compiles data and prepares financial reports.
- Researches, writes copy, takes photos, designs, and creates videos for both print and digital informational materials.
- Provides and uploads information and content to the District’s website and social media platforms.
- Assists in planning and implementation of the District’s public relations strategies, budget projections, policies, and procedures in cooperation with supervisor.
- This position will be required to routinely evaluate and report on activities to the PIO.
- Performs other related work as required.